|Generic Clorpres (Clonidine-chlorthalidone)|
Generic Clonidine and Other Hypertension Medications. Order Clonidine Online Now! Fast Worldwide Delivery!
|ED Online Pharmacy|
ED pills Viagra (Sildenafil) at $0.80, Cialis (Tadalafil) at $1.30 ...
Unmarked Packing Worldwide Delivery!
Generic Name: Clonidine Epidural Injection (KLON-i-deen)
Brand Name: Duraclon
Clonidine is not recommended for treating pain during or following childbirth, or that associated with surgery because of the risk of developing very low blood pressure and unusually low heartbeat. However, there may be rare situations where the potential benefits may outweigh the possible risks. Contact your doctor for more details.
Clonidine is used for:
Treating severe pain. Clonidine is used with opiates in cancer patients for whom opioid (narcotic) analgesics alone have not been adequately effective. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Clonidine is an alpha agonist analgesic. It works in the spinal cord by preventing pain signal transmission to the brain.
Do NOT use Clonidine if:
- you are allergic to any of the ingredients contained in Clonidine
- you are pregnant, in labor, or about to begin labor
- you have bleeding problems
- you have an infection at the injection site
- you are taking an anticoagulant (eg, warfarin, heparin)
Contact your health care provider as soon as possible if any of the above applies to you.
Consider before using Clonidine
There are medical conditions that can influence usage of Clonidine . Tell your doctor or pharmacist if any of the medical conditions below applies to you:
- if you are either pregnant or planning to become pregnant
- if you are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any medicine (either prescription or nonprescription), herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you are allergic to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have kidney problems, porphyria, or depression
- if you have blood vessel disease affecting the brain or severe heart disease, or you have had a stroke or a recent heart attack
- if you are scheduled for surgery
There are medicines that may interact with Clonidine . Inform your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, in particular any from the list below:
- Beta-blockers (eg, propranolol), calcium channel blockers (eg, verapamil), or digitalis because a severe decrease in heart rate may occur
- Tricyclic antidepressants (eg, amitriptyline) because the effectiveness of Clonidine may be decreased and certain side effects may be increased
- Anticoagulant therapy (eg, warfarin, heparin) because the risk of bleeding at the injection site may be increased
This is not a full list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Clonidine may interact with other medicines that you take. Also, consult your health care provider in advance if you are going to start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
Clonidine Usage Guidelines
You should use Clonidine as recommended by your doctor. Read the medicine's label for precise dosing instructions.
- Clonidine is usually given by continuous epidural infusion devices at your doctor's office, hospital, or clinic. If you will be using Clonidine at home, a health care provider will teach you how to use it. Be sure you understand how to use Clonidine . Follow the procedures you are taught when you use a dose. Contact your health care provider if you have any questions.
- Do not use Clonidine if it contains particles, is cloudy or discolored, or if the vial is cracked or damaged.
- Do not suddenly stop taking Clonidine . You may have an increased risk of side effects (eg, excessive elevations in blood pressure, nervousness, headache, confusion). If you need to stop Clonidine or add a new medicine, your doctor will gradually lower your dose.
- Keep this product, as well as syringes and needles, out of the reach of children and pets. Do not reuse needles, syringes, or other materials. Ask your health care provider how to dispose of these materials after use. Follow all local rules for disposal.
- If you miss a dose of Clonidine , contact your doctor right away.
Clarify with your health care provider any issues you may have about usage of Clonidine .
Important safety information on clonidine
- Clonidine may cause drowsiness, dizziness, or lightheadedness. There effects may be worsened when this medicine is taken with aclohol or other medicines. Use Clonidine with caution. Refrain from driving or performing other possibly dangerous activities until you know how you react to it.
- Do not drink alcohol or use medicines that may cause drowsiness (eg, sleep aids, muscle relaxers) while you are using Clonidine ; it may add to their effects. Ask your pharmacist if you have questions about which medicines may cause drowsiness.
- Clonidine may cause dizziness, lightheadedness, or fainting; alcohol, hot weather, exercise, or fever may increase these effects. To prevent them, sit up or stand slowly, especially in the morning. Sit or lie down at the first sign of any of these effects.
- Do not suddenly stop taking Clonidine . Doing so may cause withdrawal symptoms like nervousness, irritability, or shakiness. You could also get a headache and high blood pressure. The risk of these effects may be greater if you have been taking high doses of Clonidine . The risk may also be greater if you are taking a beta-blocker (eg, atenolol). Rarely, very serious effects like increased blood pressure in the brain, stroke, or death have occurred. Check with your doctor before you change your dose or stop Clonidine .
- If you experience dry mouth, use candy or gum, or melt bits of ice in your mouth.
- Use Clonidine with caution in OLDER PATIENTS, because they may be more sensitive to its effects, especially dizziness.
- Clonidine should be used with extreme caution in CHILDREN; safety and effectiveness in children have not been confirmed. Use is limited to patients old enough to tolerate placement and management of an epidural catheter.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Clonidine while you are pregnant. Clonidine is found in breast milk. If you are breast-feeding or going to breast-feed, discuss with your doctor any possible risks to your baby.
If you stop taking Clonidine suddenly, you may have WITHDRAWAL symptoms. These may include nervousness, agitation, headache, tremor, and rapid increase in blood pressure.
Side effects may be caused by Clonidine
Any medicine may cause side effects, but the majority of people have either slight side effects, or dont have it at all. Consult your doctor if any of the most COMMON side effects from the list below persist or start bothering you:
Seek medical care immediately if any of the following SEVERE side effects occur:
Chest pain; confusion; constipation; drowsiness; dry mouth; flushing; general weakness; headache; nausea; ringing in the ears; sweating; tiredness; vomiting.
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); chest pain; decreased heartbeat; dizziness; fainting; fever; hallucinations; lightheadedness; painful burning on urination.
It sholud be noted, that this is not a full list of possible side effects. If you have questions or need medical advice about side effects, contact your doctor or health care provider. You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088) or at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center (http://www.aapcc.org/findyour.htm), or emergency room immediately. Accidental overdose of Clonidine is an increasing cause of poisoning in children 3 years of age and younger. Symptoms may include difficult or slow breathing; drowsiness leading to unresponsiveness or coma; irritability; lightheadedness (especially upon standing); pinpoint pupils; slow heartbeat; vomiting; weakness.
Clonidine storage instructions:
Store Clonidine at 77 degrees F (25 degrees C). Because the product does not contain a preservative, discard any unused portion. Keep Clonidine out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions on Clonidine , please consult your doctor, pharmacist, or health care provider.
- Clonidine is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or even become worse, inform your doctor.
This article is a summary only, and it does not provide all the information about Clonidine . If you have questions about the medicine you are taking or would like more information, check with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
Consumer Information (MedFacts)